Sunday 3 August 2014

Want to write for Other Side of Solihull?

Enjoy writing? Got something to say about North Solihull? Then maybe you'd like to post a thing or two on this blog.
Ever since I set up this site earlier this year I have been keen to get more people on board. More people means different opinions and stories I won't have heard about myself, which I think will only improve the content. 
So I'm throwing open the door to submissions. Whether that's from college students or councillors, local businesses or just residents with something to say. 
The fact is, when people speak up about something they feel strongly about, it carries a lot of weight. Take the case earlier this week of a teacher from the CTC (my old school, as it happens), who was banned for life following allegations of violence. 
Within hours, hundreds of former pupils had taken to Facebook to defend the teacher in question and by the end of the day their campaign was being reported by various news outlets. I think this goes to show the power of social media. The internet is no longer where journalists put their stories, it's also where they get their stories!
So if you'd like to get involved, please do email me at theothersolihullofsolihull@gmail.com 
I'm happy to answer any questions, although there's a few more details about the blog and why I set it up here.


No comments:

Post a Comment