Friday 16 October 2015

Marston Green man enters TV's biggest boardroom battle


A MARSTON Green man is hoping to show he has what it takes to launch a business venture alongside one of Britain's best-known entrepreneurs.
Gary Poulton is taking part in the latest series of BBC's The Apprentice, which got underway this week.
In Wednesday night's opening episode, 18 men and women wheeled their suitcases into Canary Wharf (or a studio doing a decent impression of said office block) for their first meeting with Lord Alan Sugar.
The grizzled businessman - known for his plain speaking - will be presiding over a series of challenges designed to test their business acumen (or lack of it.)
Gary, aged 34, will be hoping to persuade Lord Sugar - formerly Sir Alan, before his promotion to the House of Lords - that he is the brightest prospect.
If successful the father-of-one will win a £250,000 investment to help get his business proposition off the ground.
"My game plan is to be myself," he said. "I look like the nice, easy going laidback Brummie, but once I start doing my business people know I’m the real deal.
"I don’t like people trying to talk down to me. People see me as ‘Alroight there I’m Gary from Birmingham’ but little do they know I can fight with the best of them."
Gary, a graduate of Aston University, has previously worked as a project manager for Tesco and is now employed by hospitality firm Whitbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment