Sunday 7 January 2018

Little George follows on from Big Ben

IT was a memorable New Year for Castle Bromwich's Katrina Jones, whose new son became one of the first babies to be born in 2018.
Big Ben had barely stopped chiming when George Jake Rowland arrived at 12.02am on January 1.
Katrina's waters had broken earlier in the evening and George was born at Heartlands Hospital after a five hour labour.
He is the 30-year-old's first child and her partner Keith was there to support her throughout the birth.
Katrina said: "I was very calm throughout it – I think even the midwife was surprised about how calm and relaxed I was.
"I spent some time in the birthing pool but George had other ideas and I ended up giving birth to him in the delivery suite. I’m head over heels in love with him already."
Grandmother Lisa Hughes said: "Katrina attended all of her ante-natal classes and even paid to go to some private sessions too, to make sure she was ready for George to arrive.
"I am so proud of her for bringing my first grandchild safely into the world."
Statistics suggest that in the region of 2,000 babies nationwide will share George's birthday, although his arrival minutes after midnight will make him one of the earliest arrivals of the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment