Thursday 15 December 2016

Mayor of Solihull's Christmas message

Christmas already, it can’t possibly be - I’m only just getting over the last one!  Ring any bells?  I think it’s fair to say we’ve all thought that at one time or another.  I’ve noticed as I get older, time like sand slips through your fingers so easily, one moment it’s there and then it’s gone.
When you think about it, time is a strange concept, we have loads of it, it’s free but there’s never enough.  Not that modern living helps, the internet, emails, Twitter and Facebook all compete for our attention.  So now I have less time rather than more!
As Christmas is a season of reflection and a time to reevaluate what’s really important I think this year I'm not going to text or email those that mean so much to me. I am going to, at the very least, give them a call or better still, go and see them. Because that’s the real value of Christmas, making the time to share with others.
It’s been seven months since Jenny and I became Mayor and Mayoress of Solihull and it’s been a roller coaster of a journey from the very first day.  I’ve always believed we live in an extraordinary place and becoming Mayor has simply confirmed that as a fact.
People make places extraordinary and it’s people that make great communities.  Solihull is blessed; we have some really great communities spread across the borough.  I am truly honoured to be your Mayor - thank you Silhillians.  We wish you all a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Councillor Mike Robinson
Mayor of Solihull 

No comments:

Post a Comment